Folk medicine has long prized these greenish-white fruits from the noni plant. The Noni plant also known as Morinda citrifolia is the scientific term. Although, this tree is believed to have originated from Southeast Asia. Today, it is grown in the most tropical region in the world and use of noni capsules is famous all over the world. Noni gives a tiny fruit that looks like a tiny pineapple. Noni fruits are greenish-yellow in colour in the initial stage. It is not recommended to have greenish noni fruits. A fresh noni fruit in the initial stage is very hard.
If we talk about noni fruits, they are edible fruits. From old times, it has been used for medicinal properties. You can have noni fruits if you find them. It is very difficult to find fresh noni fruit in every corner of India. If you find it, you will never forget your first whiff of this fruit. It has a very strong aroma that is not easy to forget. Noni fruit has a very weird fragrance that is unpleasant for all.
Like its smell, the taste of noni fruit is also earthy and composty. When noni starts ripening, it gets more sharp and astringent. When it gets fully ripened, the sticky and unusual fragrance and flavour are at their peak. Due to its weird fragrance and flavour, it is also known as vomit fruits. You can imagine now its taste and fragrance.
As noni start ripen process, the hard, green fruits change into creamy, smooth fruits. A ripened noni fruit has white flesh with dark colour seeds. Well, these seeds are edible but some prefer to spit them out when eating. Make sure, if you want to eat this. It is suggested to eat ripe fruits. A hard and unripe fruit is not good for the body. If you have unripened noni fruits, you can use them after cooking them. Its tough texture gets smooth when cooked.
How to eat ripped noni fruits?
If you are able to find noni fruits and want to eat them, then keep reading.
- Examine the noni fruits: First, examine the fruits that are edible or not. You need to avoid the greenish-yellow and hard fruits. It is not easy to chew and swallow. Wait till your fruits change to a translucent yellow colour. When noni fruit is fully ripened, it becomes smooth and easy to eat.
- Slice it: It is a bit messy to cut down the noni fruits when it is ripped. Slice it on the plate or chopping board to avoid mess. You can use a sharp knife to cut the noni into thin slices. Cut slices carefully.
- Eat it: You get to eat it directly. Noni slices contain a lot of dark seeds. Well, they are edible. You can chew the noni seeds or you can spit them out too.
- Try it: If you do not like the taste of noni, you can add salt, cheese or any flavour that you like. You can have a slice of noni with a slice of cheese without any problem.
Prepare noni juice: Having noni juice is also a good idea. You can dilute it with anything that is great in taste easily. Sort out the ripe noni fruit and wash them. After a proper wash, slice them in a pieces. Time to blend them with some water. Make a thick juice. You can add some lemon and sugar if you want. You can also mix juice with these noni slices. After blending, stir it carefully. Use a spoon or spatula to stir this thick noni paste. Store it in the refrigerator for some time. Drink it cool later. Well, the liquid form of noni is much better. Because it is easy to absorb by the body part and react effectively in the body.
Regular use of this noni juice or eating noni slices will give the below advantages to the body.
- Arthritis: Inflammatory disorders like arthritis are relieved by the therapeutic properties of noni fruit. The analgesic properties of noni juice, which lessen pain and sensitivity, have been supported by scientific research on a qualitative level.
- Memory Loss: Noni fruit has a protective impact in treating memory loss issues. The noni fruit increases cerebral blood flow and enhances memory performance.
- Type 2 diabetes: Noni fruit lowers the chance of developing the disease.
- Wound healing: Morinda citrifolia, often known as noni, is useful for expediting wound healing.
- Protection against liver diseases: Noni fruit is renowned for its potency in this regard. Noni fruits have hepatoprotective effects on the liver, preventing damage from external chemicals and serving as a barrier against serious liver diseases.
- Cardiovascular wellness: Noni juice is excellent for preserving cardiovascular wellness. It widens blood vessels and relaxes smooth muscle cells, which improves blood flow in the arteries.