For Indians, getting a student visa for Canada is not difficult. The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has released data that shows that 51% of total applications for Canadian student visas were approved in 2020.
Apply to Canada Study Visa: As you are an Indian citizen and have completed the 12th standard, you should apply for a study visa in Canada by visiting their official website. After which, you will be required to go through this application process at the nearest visa office or consulate in India. Our officers will help provide you with information on how to apply for a Canadian Student visa
What are the requirements for a Canadian Student Visa?
To get a study visa for Canada, the student should apply for a study permit. The student should have a university or designated learning institute’s acceptance, proofs that confirm the student’s identity and a financial statement affirming the availability of funds. Get Canada Visit Visa From India with Guidance by our Immigration Consultant. We provide the consultancy service to apply for a Canada Study visa and Canada Work permit from India.
The required documents for a Canada student visa application are:
- The student visa for Canada is granted to students who wish to study in Canada. The process may be slightly different for each country, but it generally involves the following: Proof of Acceptance – The educational institution would forward an acceptance letter, confirming the readiness to accept the student, subsequent to enrolment. This is called proof of acceptance, which is the basic requirement for a Canadian study permit application.
- As mentioned above, the student must prove his or her identity by submitting the requisite documents. Identity proof includes a passport, national ID card and a valid travel document. In cases wherein parents are permitted to accompany them, they must also submit the subject documents.
- As a student carrying a non-immigrant status visa, it is crucial to inform Canadian Immigration of your financial situation. With the ever-increasing competition, higher education institutes in Canada look for students with strong financial backing and clear proof of funding from sponsors or scholarships from private and public organizations.
- Depending on the country or state of residence, the amount may vary. However, the proof of funds should be able to cover all expenses for the duration of time that you are going to be studying in Canada. This includes housing, tuition fees, any documents required by your school and living costs that will not be covered by any scholarships or grants
- Letter of explanation from the student explaining his or her dreams and plans. Assistance from an experienced Canadian educational consultant may be of utmost help for preparing this
The student visa for Canada requires the Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) – CAQ is mandatory for those planning to study in Quebec. This allows a temporary stay for the student in Quebec. However, the student would require Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) if he or she were planning for a permanent stay in the province.
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Student Visa
If you are planning to study in Canada, make sure that you fulfil all the eligibility criteria for trouble-free processing of the study permit application and obtaining approval. Not fulfilling these criteria can result in the rejection of the application.
The eligibility criteria for a Canadian study permit visa are:
There are several documents required to get a Canada Student Visa from India. They are – Letter of Acceptance from the DLI, Proof of enrollment in the institution and a statement from the students that he or they will leave Canada on completion of their course/ subsequent to the authorized period of stay.
Before you submit your application for a Canadian study permit, make sure to go through this checklist.
Canada Student Visa is an important gateway to Canada. To get a student visa, you should have some basic documents like a valid passport, academic transcripts and certificates of extracurricular achievements. The education institution that you are applying at should also write to your university with an acceptance letter and fee payment proof.
COVID-19 will have a major impact on the study permit application process and how it’s granted.
The student visa for Canada from India is an excellent opportunity to enhance your skills, experience, and knowledge. It is a gateway to exploring new experiences and cultures. Timely research and preparation can help you smoothly transition into international student life. Contact us for further discussion on the Canadian study permit. We will guide you and help you with processing the application.